This Page

has been moved to new address

A {Scenes from Bootcamp} Sound Bytes of the Week

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#aba; margin:0; padding:20px 10px; text-align:center; font:x-small/1.5em "Trebuchet MS",Verdana,Arial,Sans-serif; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } /* Page Structure ----------------------------------------------- */ /* The images which help create rounded corners depend on the following widths and measurements. If you want to change these measurements, the images will also need to change. */ @media all { #content { width:740px; margin:0 auto; text-align:left; } #main { width:485px; float:left; background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:15px 0 0; padding:0 0 10px; color:#000; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } #main2 { float:left; width:100%; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 0 0; } #main3 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/rails_main.gif") repeat-y; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:240px; float:right; margin:15px 0 0; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; background:#fff; } #main2 { float:none; background:none; } #main3 { background:none; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Links ----------------------------------------------- */ a:link { color:#258; } a:visited { color:#666; } a:hover { color:#c63; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Blog Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 0; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #header div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #header { background:#456; } #header div { background:none; } } #blog-title { margin:0; padding:10px 30px 5px; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; } #blog-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#fff; } #description { margin:0; padding:5px 30px 10px; font-size:94%; line-height:1.5em; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 28px 0 43px; font-size:85%; line-height:2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#357; } .post { margin:.3em 0 25px; padding:0 13px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px 0; } .post-title { margin:0; font-size:135%; line-height:1.5em; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow.gif") no-repeat 10px .5em; display:block; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; color:#333; } a.title-link, .post-title strong { text-decoration:none; display:block; } a.title-link:hover { background-color:#ded; color:#000; } .post-body { border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; border-bottom-color:#fff; padding:10px 14px 1px 29px; } html>body .post-body { border-bottom-width:0; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { background:#ded; margin:0; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px; border-bottom:1px solid #eee; font-size:100%; line-height:1.5em; color:#666; text-align:right; } html>body p.post-footer { border-bottom-color:transparent; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } .post img { margin:0 0 5px 0; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ccc; } blockquote { margin:.75em 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:1px 0; padding:5px 15px; color:#666; } .post blockquote p { margin:.5em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:-25px 13px 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:20px 0 15px 0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; padding:0 14px 2px 29px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; font-size:120%; line-height:1.4em; color:#333; } #comments-block { margin:0 15px 0 9px; } .comment-data { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .3em; margin:.5em 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; color:#666; } .comment-poster { font-weight:bold; } .comment-body { margin:0 0 1.25em; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#666; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#666; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #profile-container { background:#cdc url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:0 0 15px; padding:0 0 10px; color:#345; } #profile-container h2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 15px .2em; margin:0; border-width:0; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#234; } } @media handheld { #profile-container { background:#cdc; } #profile-container h2 { background:none; } } .profile-datablock { margin:0 15px .5em; border-top:1px dotted #aba; padding-top:8px; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #fff; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } #profile-container p { margin:0 15px .5em; } #profile-container .profile-textblock { clear:left; } #profile-container a { color:#258; } .profile-link a { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_profile.gif") no-repeat 0 .1em; padding-left:15px; font-weight:bold; } ul.profile-datablock { list-style-type:none; } /* Sidebar Boxes ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .box { background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 15px; padding:10px 0 0; color:#666; } .box2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 13px 8px; } } @media handheld { .box { background:#fff; } .box2 { background:none; } } .sidebar-title { margin:0; padding:0 0 .2em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#333; } .box ul { margin:.5em 0 1.25em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; } .box ul li { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow_sm.gif") no-repeat 2px .25em; margin:0; padding:0 0 3px 16px; margin-bottom:3px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eee; line-height:1.4em; } .box p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; margin:0; padding:15px 0 0; } @media all { #footer div { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #footer div div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #footer div { background:#456; } #footer div div { background:none; } } #footer hr {display:none;} #footer p {margin:0;} #footer a {color:#fff;} /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { padding:0 15px 0; }

Friday, April 27, 2012

A {Scenes from Bootcamp} Sound Bytes of the Week

Happy Friday!!!!

Some of you may recall last Friday's {Firsts} Sound Bytes where I mentioned that I was headed to my first Bloggy Bootcamp, and this week I'm feeling the aftermath. The combination of information overload, a short work week and the beginning of E's spring sports have truly wiped me out. Which means at 5 p.m. today, I will be cracking open a beer, putting my feet up and letting the weekend calm engulf me in its embrace. 

So, how was my trip to St. Louis?

Well, I'm glad you asked, because this week's Sound Bytes are the Top 10 Things I heard at Bloggy Bootcamp. 

10. "Welcome to the Gateway Arch."
Upon my arrival into St. Louis the glorious arch welcomed me into the city, and I was lucky enough to make it to the top during my short visit. I can cross that one off the bucket list. While it was neat going to the top and seeing the city, I spent all of two minutes up there before heading back to the hotel for happy hour.

9. "So what do you blog about?" 
I believe I was asked this about a million times and each time I stumbled, I mumbled and I still couldn't REALLY give a definitive answer. So, if you are a loyal reader and would like to offer some insight to that question I'd totally appreciate it.



8. "Would you like to go to dinner?"
Yep, I asked a fellow blogger {stranger} to dinner that very first night. You know how when you meet people and you just click, that's how it felt when I met Kim from Rubber Chicken Madness. She was my partner in crime the rest of the weekend.



7. "The washer just crapped out. What kind do you want me to buy?" 
This was a text received about mid-morning on Saturday as I was trying to concentrate on SEO. Let's just say I'm glad I wasn't home for that fiasco and I won't be doing any laundry until our new washer arrives on May 1.

6. "As bloggers we must reach up, reach across and reach down."
This statement really hit home with me. It means reach up to find a mentor, reach across to find friends and reach down to help someone else. I think this rule can be applied everywhere not just in the blogiverse.

5. "Squirrel"
Story of my life. I often lack the ability to stay focused.

4. "Please don't Tweet that."
I think every one of our speakers said that at least once, or twice.

3. "You should really switch to Wordpress." 
I heard this the moment I handed someone my blog card. And after hearing it at least a 100 more times at the conference I have hired the talented Napwarden to create a new look for the blog and move me back {don't ask} to Wordpress.


2. "Fake it till you make it."
Oh, so true. If you want to be successful you need to act like you already are. I forget this ALOT and I need to remember to believe in myself, because if I don't how do I expect others to.



1. "If you shut your computer they will come back to you."
BAM! There it is the statement of the day. The one that had myself and the lovely Tiffany Romero in tears. There needs to be a balance between work and family and I need to remember to close the computer and spend quality time with them. Oh, and Wednesday nights will be a lot more exciting too.

What did you hear at Bloggy Bootcamp? Or this week? I'd love to hear it.


Whew! That was my trip, and as I drove home my head was swimming and my heart was full.

And when I walked through the door I heard the BEST Sound Byte ever.

"Welcome Home Mama."
__________________________________________

I also want to thank all of you for your sweet comments on my Mamapedia article. As I sat and read all the comments tears welled up in my eyes, and I realized as women we really just need to love ourselves more, because we RULE!

5 Comments:

At April 27, 2012 , Blogger Erin Sipes said...

I didn't have #1 in my notes but I've got it added on a new list I had to write after visiting everyone's great recaps!

I'm also starting to wonder if having a short attention span is a pre-requisite to blogging...look a shiny object! :)

 
At April 28, 2012 , Blogger @TiffanyRom said...

Wednesday nights will get exciting... I loved meeting you- so glad you came.

Cyn from Nap warden is amazing and I am thrilled you are going to take the jump and own you spot on the web.

It's okay for your blog to be about YOU. ;)

 
At April 29, 2012 , Blogger Gem said...

I'm so glad you had a great time and that you are starting to see how AMAZING you are. I love reading your blog, you have such a great way of saying things and there is no beating around the bush, you just come right out and say it, that is a talent girl!
Looking forward to seeing what's coming next :) x x x x

 
At April 29, 2012 , Blogger moonstruckcreations said...

Sounds like you had an amazing time!

I do like that reach up accross and down quote, think I will put it above my desk at work.

Have a great week!

Helenxx

 
At April 29, 2012 , Blogger Iowa Sunshine said...

sorry for my late entry!!! i'm so glad you came back with goodness from your bloggy camp! i really enjoy your blog and whether you choose to do anything new ... i will still love and read it : )

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home